#1 15-05-2011 14:56:48

Miranda Rayner
Harwich Runner

Friday 5 Series

Does anyone know if it is compulsory to wear club colours for these races?

#2 16-05-2011 09:09:03

Peter Gooding
Committee member

Re: Friday 5 Series

The only races that it is compulsory you wear club colours in are UKA or AAA Championship races. Also it is usually a requirement in team events, or where it is stated by the organiser of the event or in the rules, for example the 53-12 XC races and the RNR. This does not apply to all though, the Essex Way for example where you are indentified by your team number. I assume members wear club colours so that they can identify with a club when they do it in a race like the Friday Fives for example.
Just a side note; club rules state that to qualify for a club record or standards, you must enter races as Harwich Runners, but even there it does not state that running in club colours are a requirement. For example members run the London Marathon in a charity vest and still qualify. On a personal note, when I used to run the 5ks rather than help organise, I never ran one in my club vest. I always saved my vest for races and as the 5ks were then on Tuesdays, Tuesdays were training nights and I just looked on them as training runs. Seems a bit strange now looking back considering what the 5ks have become now.
Hope that helps.

Last edited by Peter Gooding (16-05-2011 09:10:49)

#3 16-05-2011 10:36:01

Graeme
Administrator

Yes. All races you should really wear a club vest

#4 16-05-2011 12:08:20

Miranda Rayner
Harwich Runner

OK, was asking on behalf of a new member who does not have club kit yet.
I will offer to lend her my Puma for this week but if she is not comfortable advise she wears something she feels happy in.
She is unlikely to qualify for the team this time so it should not be an issue.
Thanks for the advice.

Board footer