• Forum
  •  » Road
  •  » Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon - Water Station

#1 19-01-2011 13:37:21

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon - Water Station

Calling all HRs!

At the Ipswich XC on Sunday I was approached by Great Bentley and asked if it would be possible for Harwich Runners to help with a water station at the Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon on 6th February as we have done so brilliantly for a couple of years now. If anyone can give up a few hours early Sunday morning to help hand out drinks and cheer the HRs who will actually be running the race, then perhaps let me know via this forum or via my email address garydonoghue@hotmail.co.uk

As a runner in the race last year I can vouch for the fact that seeing the HR water station was a huge boost almost half-way round the course.

Anyway, many thanks for any help you can provide. Great Bentley running club would really appreciate it too.

Cheers

Gary

Last edited by Gary Donoghue (19-01-2011 13:38:10)

#2 19-01-2011 14:44:24

Miranda Rayner
Harwich Runner

Re: Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon - Water Station

You can count me in for the Gt Bentley water station.
M :-)

#3 27-01-2011 09:29:58

Dan Pearce
Harwich Runner

You can put me and my other half Lisa down to help Gary.

#4 01-02-2011 14:39:04

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Great Dan. Thanks! See you later.

#5 06-02-2011 15:46:07

Louise Papworth
Harwich Runner

Thanks to all Harwich Runners who manned the water station and all Harwich runners around the course supporting the Bently Half.  It always gives you a boost on a windy day to run. The results are now on the website hope all runners got the the times they wanted. Thanks to Jo Higgon who allowed me to run under her number. Sorry to the people who had to pull out, not an easy choice to make.

#6 06-02-2011 19:36:05

Ben Hammond
Harwich Runner

Ditto!
The encouragement coming from our "2 wheeled support team", the HR's on the water station, and the Great Bentley marshals almost certainly did a lot to raise spirits at some tough times out there on a very windy day. At times it felt like running in a wind tunnel.

Thanks everyone!!! smile

C'mon Harwich!

#7 08-02-2011 11:38:36

Peter Gooding
Committee member

Hi Everyone

I just wanted to pass on the thanks I have received this morning from the Race Director of the Great Bentley 1/2 marathon on Sunday....

Dear Gary

I just wanted to make sure I tapped out a note to say a big thank you to all the Harwich Runners and their friends and family who helped at the Mile 8 water station on Sunday. Your continued support of our race, turning out for quite a few hours on a Sunday, is greatly appreciated as it allows a few of our own club members to run on what is probably our busiest and most difficult day of the year. As usual your club responded magnificently to our plea for help and as ever all the feedback received has been completely positive.

Thanks once again and please pass on my personal thanks to all involved. A great job once again.

Regards

Russ Sharp
Race Director 2011 Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon

ENDS

I'd also like to add my own personal thanks to you all for volunteering and turning out on a cold, grey, blustery Sunday morning in February. Can't say how much it meant to know you were all there waiting for us at Mile 8.5 just over the A133 bridge and the huge cheers and encouragement were exactly what we needed before facing that blasted headwind for 2.5 miles! You represent the club as much as those who ran the race on Sunday.

So thank you all. You definitely did the club proud once again.

As ever

Gary

Gary Donoghue

• Forum
  •  » Road
  •  » Great Bentley 1/2 Marathon - Water Station

Board footer