• Forum
  •  » Road
  •  » Round Norfolk Relay 2010 - Dates Announced

#1 28-10-2009 11:29:44

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Round Norfolk Relay 2010 - Dates Announced

This will be held on the weekend of 18th/19th September. Do we want to try and enter it AGAIN this year. Let me know what you think.

#2 01-11-2009 14:04:32

Becky McCorquodale
Harwich Runner

Re: Round Norfolk Relay 2010 - Dates Announced

I'd be up for doing this again smile

Would love to see the club entering a few more local relays, as I think we've got the strength and depth right now to do well. Plus, they're always good fun in general (and an excuse to make more cakes big_smile). I know the Ekiden Relay next year is being looked into, but I wonder if there would be any interest in giving the Mutford Relays a bash? From what I can gather, it's usually in July and involves 5 x 5k- each team must have at least one female and one veteran. A short distance like that means it would be accessible to the whole club smile I found a few details on www.waveneyvalley.org -would be happy to investigate further if the interest is there...

#3 01-11-2009 15:16:45

Graeme
Administrator

yes to all

#4 23-11-2009 23:08:55

Becky McCorquodale
Harwich Runner

Have just seen some promising looking rule changes for the RNR 2010 on their website smile Apparently, they're scrapping the casual class which should free up a few more places. Plus, although Norfolk clubs are still getting priority when the initial entry window opens on the 1st March, they will be granting non-Norfolk clubs one place if they can a) agree to man a checkpoint (or help in some other way-offers have to be in in writing by 8th Jan) or b) clubs can qualify for early entry if they have taken part in 10 previous events (one of which in the last 3 years). Not sure how many of these events the club has done over the years, but Jason does seem to have almost a full dinner service of RNR memorial plates tongue Would we qualify for sneaking in an early entry this way? If not, it looks like it's a case of hovering by the mouse on the 15th March...

#5 17-03-2010 08:51:34

Gary Donoghue
Harwich Runner

Hi

Just to advise that I have now submitted our entry for this year's RNR via the new entry system (open until 28th March). All entries submitted in this way will be scrutinised by the RNR committee and we will be advised if we have been successful sometime in April. I'm hopeful that our participation in 9 (yes, it was a frustrating 9 races Becky - Roly checked) previous races as well as our attempt to be involved in 2008/2009 will be looked favourably by the RNR committee.

Also, I note that Tiptree RoadRunners have managed to gain an automatic place this year (presumably because they've offered to man a checkpoint as they've only previously run 1 RNR) so if we do get in that'll add a certain something to each leg...competing against TTR ;-)

I will keep you posted...hopefully Jase will be able to add a Cake Stand to his collection afore too long (useful for certain desirable foodstuffs).

Gaz

#6 19-09-2010 12:49:45

Miranda Rayner
Harwich Runner

Can I just thank all the people who made it possible for us to run this again.
Gary for starting the ball rolling, Roly & Elspeth for the admin.
Kev & Marion, Ash & Caroline, Peter and Claire for keeping an eye on us runners for 24 hours!
All the cyclists for their sore bums and, of course, my fellow runners for making a team so that I could play my small part.
On a personal note I would like to thank Jonathan for encouraging me, although I don't think he really thought I could keep the pace up but then neither did I if I'm honest! Rachel and Martin for being there at the end of my leg to welcome me in.
Last but no means least, my lovely hubby for driving me all the way there and back and being there to make sure I put my warm clothes on as soon as I finished. He was rewarded with a lovely pub dinner though!
This was my first RNR but I hope not my last!
M :-)

• Forum
  •  » Road
  •  » Round Norfolk Relay 2010 - Dates Announced

Board footer